Re: No /etc/nova/nova.conf

In general, it is unfortunate that there is such a big difference in the end result between deploying from source and from packages, even though they are supposed to function the same. Ideally the process structure, locations of configuration files, etc. could be the same. The location of nova.conf is just one small piece. The current situation is confusing to new users and makes it more difficult for old users to try new versions of OpenStack in "real" environments. I realize this is a difficult issue because different distros do the packaging differently.

 -David