Essex-3 Milestone of Quantum Available

Congrats to the Quantum team!

The latest + greatest version of Quantum was release this morning, see:
https://launchpad.net/quantum/essex/essex-3

I delayed the announce in order to complete updating the documentation, due
to the fact that install procedures changed significantly with this
release.  See PDF on downloads page.

Changes since Essex-2 include:
- client code in separate repo to simplify development dependencies on
other projects.
- integration with Nova Floating IPs.
- API filters for efficient queries and improved API error codes (API v1.1
only)
- fixes to python setup tools scripts to make life easier for distros
packagers.
- port packet statistics extension

If you have an OpenStack distro and are looking to package Quantum for
Essex, the packaging should now be in its final form.  Let us know how we
can help.

E-3 was also the first release for which Quantum was part of the standard
OpenStack build process, thanks to the CI team for all the help!

Since Quantum is still in incubation, E-4 is not a feature frozen
milestone, though we will shutting the door to major merges at least a week
before the official milestone branch point to avoid last-minute churn.

Thanks to all who contributed to E-3.  Looking forward to a great E-4
milestone with lots of early merge proposals :)

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt

Follow ups