Re: nova/puppet blueprint, and some questions

On 1/27/12 4:49 AM, Belmiro Moreira wrote:
The idea of integrating nova with "configuration management tools"
(puppet, chef, ...) is very interesting. But in my opinion we
shouldn't have a specific implementation to a single tool or a small
set of tools.
Yep, I'm increasingly convinced of this. I'm planning to rewrite the proposal as an abstract package configuration tool with a driver model (so that the choice of puppet/chef/whatever can be handled depending on the driver.)

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/configuration-drive
Right on!  That feature is exactly what I need.  Is it available via KVM?

What you have in your screenshot is really interesting but it seems
very similar to other tools already implemented to manage puppet
modules, ex: "Foreman".

Sure. But, again, I think having this information available to (and configurable by) nova will be much more useful than grafting a separate tool onto the side of openstack.

-Andrew