Re: Ubuntu package / ppa for the git-review tool.

On 01/27/2012 03:49 PM, Kiall Mac Innes wrote:
> Hey Monty,
>
> Packaging sources are
> at http://review.managedit.ie/p/openstack/packaging/git-review.git if
> they are of any interest.
>
> Otherwise I'll just keep my eye out for updates and keep the PPA
> updated.. I might even use this simple repo as a learning experience for
> getting packages into Ubuntu if you don't mind?

Sounds great to me! The more people we have who do things with getting
things in to Ubuntu the better!

I just wrote a patch, btw, that adds a check for a global config file,
/etc/git-review/git-review.conf. Currently, the file is only used for
disabling the "is there a new version" check.:

[updates]
check = false

SO - if you drop in that file as part of the debian packaging, then
git-review will not check pypi for new versions (since you'd probably
want to do that via apt anyway)

Thanks!
Monty