Happy Friday!

In the spirit of essex-3 devstack v2 should be pretty functional (+- bugs, and some missing pieces, haha).

It seems to run horizon, keystone, nova, glance (and clients), db, rabbitmq, all correctly.

We are only missing the swift component (TBD - working on it) and minus the networking config (TBD - working on it).

Also updates to json pkgs to not have absolute versions (but using apt-gets regex support for versions) should be useful to all!

For those that wish to try it out please see if you can follow:

https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-Devstack2/wiki/Simple-Setup

This was made in the spirit of http://devstack.org/guides/single-machine.html

But uninstalling, installing, stopping, starting should be working (and if you ctrl-c while its running this should be recoverable, ie if halfway through a install u stop it, uninstall should be able to still uninstall what happened before you killed it).

Hopefully in the near future we can make v2 official :-)

Comments/bugs/idears welcome!

-Josh

Follow ups