Re: [Nova] Essex dead wood cutting

On 01/28/2012 04:32 PM, Wayne Walls wrote:

<snip>

>> - To what extent will Microsoft support problems reported with a Windows
>> guest running on a non-Microsoft hypervisor ?
>
> I think this is a much harder question to answer, as in the past
> (http://www.redhat.com/promo/svvp) there has been a reciprocal agreement
> between RedHat and MS to support each others efforts on their own
> respective virtualization platforms.  Seeing that a) Ubuntu+KVM/libvirt is
> the current standard, and b) RedHat is not actively participating in the
> OpenStack community it leaves us with a big question mark.

Just want to point out that Red Hat is definitely participating in the
OpenStack community, there's even a Red Hatter on the Nova Core team :) Right
now a lot of us are focused on making Openstack and Fedora work great
together. Essex will even be advertised as a primary feature of the upcoming
Fedora release, see the relevant Fedora 17 feature pages (well,
work-in-progress marketing pages really):

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_Essex
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_using_Qpid
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_using_libguestfs
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_Quantum
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenStack_Horizon

(This is all completely tangential to the topic of a microsoft/red hat support
guarantee, since I have no idea how that works :) )

Thanks,
Cole