Re: E4 - And So It Begins!

On Jan 30, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Jesse Andrews wrote:

> Bug Squash Day
> ------------------------
>
> We are doing a number of things in preparation for the Bug Squash day
> on Thursday.
>
> * Triaging bugs - hopefully all bugs will have a priority by Thursday
> * Tagging bugs with low-hanging-fruit if we feel that they are
> relatively easy fixes - This will give the folks that are new to the
> code base a place to get their feet wet:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit
> * Preparing step-by-step documentation for installing a dev
> environment, getting set up with the CLA and gerrit, assigning
> yourself a bug and fixing it:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/BugSquashingDay
> * Creating OpenStack VMs for people to use at the SF Bug Squash Day
> Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/openstack/events/48362422/

I added a quickstart guide at http://wiki.openstack.org/DevQuickstart with an introduction for new developers to OpenStack. It walks a newbie through setting up a development environment,  establishing accounts on all the necessary systems, and fixing bugs. I aimed for the minimum amount of information, so if anybody wants to add to it, keep that in mind. I went ahead and added a link on the BugSquashingDay page as well.

Brian Waldon