Re: Glance authentication with Keystone woes...

Hi Ann! cc'ing the mailing list since this is generally useful information...

On 01/31/2012 08:59 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
Hi Jay -

I'm pretty sure this has tripped me up before and I'm going to have to
change the docs for the install/deploy guide. What exactly is the call
for the long-lived service token? Is it a keystone admin api call -
admin tenant, admin user on the admin tenant?

Yeah, it's confusing, I know :( The best information on this particular subject is here:

http://keystone.openstack.org/configuringservices.html#defining-an-administrative-service-token

Basically, in Keystone, you can create a token that can be used by a service (for service-to-service communication, like that needed by the Glance API to Glance registry communication) by using the keystone-manage command like so:

keystone-manage token add <TOKEN_ID> <SERVICE_USER> <SERVICE_TENANT> <TIMESTAMP>

where <TIMESTAMP> is something like 2015-02-05T00:00

Cheers!
-jay