Re: [Netstack] Essex-3 Milestone of Quantum Available

On 02/02/2012 11:45 AM, Dan Wendlandt wrote:
> 2012/2/2 Doude<doudouyam@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Nice job netstackers.
>>
>> I've got a remark. I downloaded the Quantum archive from Quantum project
>> Launchpad page and I untared it but I cannot find any OVS agent in the
>> plugin directory. Does it mean it's packaged alone ?
>> If yes, where I can find it ?
>
> Hi Doude, thanks for mentioning this.  We switched over to using the
> standard openstack project tarball generation mechanism for E-3, but
> our team still ran tests still from git, and missed several issues
> like you one you mention.
>
> If possible, its probably best to just use the E-3 tarball from github
> itself: https://github.com/openstack/quantum/zipball/essex-3, which
> contains all of the correct files (I believe).
>
> Does that work for you?  It should have all of the files you need.  If
> needed, we could issue a Essex-3.1 drop with a fixed tarball.

Dan and Doude,

Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/925074 covers the missing
agent as well as missing LICENSE and plugin README files. From my point
of view, issuing an E3.1 just for these is not warranted but I'd like to
see them included in an E3.1 issued for other purposes, or else in E4.

-Bob