Re: [DEVSTACK] officialize it!

Hmm. Sounds like a good idea. I will reach out to the board and ask.

~sean

On Feb 6, 2012, at 10:34 AM, "Joshua Harlow" <harlowja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:harlowja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi all,

Over the weekend I was thinking (I know a first, haha).

I was wondering if the community could elevate devstack to a "official" openstack project, instead of being a "unofficial project". Since it seems like pretty much every developer (and even CI) is either depending on the shell script or the python script, so the unofficial wording seems incorrect. Hopefully we can have that happen and have this "official" project focus on just a developer setup script (imho the python version, since it fits in with the whole python model every other component is using and allows for features the shell script is not doing, multi-distro support, starting, stopping, uninstalling, object oriented design, to name a few...) of the openstack components (and not dive into the scripts that are showing up), ie leave that to 3rd party websites.

What does everyone think?

Maybe this can happen after essex?

-Josh