Re: confused about libvirt nwfilter and iptables rules

The original implementation of this filtering used only nwfilter. Due
to shortcomings in nwfilter in libvirt and netfilter in the Linux
kernel, this turned out not to work very well at all, so an alternate
implementation using raw iptables was added. This is now the default.
However, nwfilter works excellently at protecting against MAC
spoofing, ARP spoofing and IP spoofing, so we still use it for that.

Does that help?