Re: mailing list etiquette

On 02/07/2012 01:08 PM, andi abes wrote:
I've seen a few folks apologizing for "top-posts" and a few pokes in
some threads about folks with less than intelligent email clients.
Which leads me to ask: are there any pointers to "best practices on the
mailing list"?

Not using HTML email and not using any version of Outlook (or any mail client that cannot properly handle inline replies) is a good start IMHO. :)

(replying to the right message in a thread, ideally inline with the
context -  sounds like motherhood and apple pie. anything more detailed ?)

Some good stuff here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style

Best,
-jay