Re: Live migration with mult_host - only ugly approach?

Live migration will still work, it just means that your old host will still be dhcp, gateway. and floating ip host for the vm.  A fix for moving the floating ip should be simple. Moving the dhcp host is a little harder, due to having to update security group rules to allow dhcp traffic as well.  Moving the gateway is even harder, because you will have to leave the old gateway up until you are sure the dhcp lease has been renewed.

Patches for the first seems like a bug fix that someone could do for essex. The second is questionable but possible. The last is probably to complex for Essex, but could be addressed in Folsom if quantum doesn't have a better solution.

Vish