Re: NEuca Extentions for OpenStack

Have you guys looked at Quantum? Can the neuca model be adapted to use
the quantum APIs? http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum

>From a very high level, your neuca patches are bringing up VMs on a
specific VLAN.

eth1=vlan:eth0:20:192.168.1.3/24 ; eth1 attaches to eth0.20 on host and
has IP 192.168.1.3/24

eth2=vlan:eth0:19:192.168.2.3/24 ; eth2 attaches to eth0.19 on host and
has IP 192.168.2.3/24

In quantum, the *network* is the primary abstraction and can be
implemented using VLANs or tunnels etc. We can create separate networks
and bring up VMs on specified networks.

debo