Re: Devstack (sh) and tmux

Try https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-DevstackPy/wiki/Simple-Setup

It might not be 100% with devstack (at least the quantum/melange/swift parts, to be tested better) but horizon, nova, glance, keystone, rabbit, mysql, should be the same (or with little difference).
For those that want to check if we are doing it right (or could do it better), https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-DevstackPy/tree/master/devstack/components, that's where all the component actions are.

It does what u said, and allows u to just use "tail" instead of having to understand screen and its much easier to kill and track PIDs.

The capability is in the python version to have tmux, screen support as well. I just never got around to doing it (and it is sort of funky how u have to kill screen sessions, ie by grepping the sessions that are active and picking ones with the right name) and after demonizing openstack I didn't see why u would want to go back :-P

:-)