Update on Ubuntu automated testing and CI of Openstack

As promised for anyone who was interested when we announced to the last last week, here is a blog post James Page and I put together describing our Openstack testing efforts and infrastructure in greater detail:

http://javacruft.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/automating-openstack-testing-on-ubuntu/

I'm quite pleased with the results of the testing over the last 2 weeks or so. We've already uncovered a number of bugs that we were able to help squash and continue to uncover subtle stuff we wouldn't have come across otherwise until after we've uploaded our weekly Essex/Precise snapshot into the archive. As a result, 'apt-get insatll $core_project' on Precise gets you something more stable than at any point during the Diablo/Oneiric cycle.

In the short term, we'll be working to enable pre-commit multi-node smoke testing of the stable Diablo branch on Oneiric as well as deploying and enabling Swift so that we're utilizing all of the current Devstack exercises (we currently run all but swift).

We're approaching the Ubuntu feature-freeze (Feb. 16th) and, as always, would greatly appreciate any help further testing and stabilizing Openstack on Ubuntu!

Cheers,
Adam

Follow ups