Re: Google Summer of Code-2012

I think, together with mentors, we can have volunteers one level below
the hierarchy (informally).
E.g.  My campus (IIT Guwahati) participates in GSoC every year and I
am very well connected to them.
We have a team ( https://launchpad.net/~iit ) :). I had created the
team get them started with Virtualization
and Social Coding ( and Openstack is also in roadmap ). So, I can
coordinate with the students of
all the IIT campuses and make sure they get the help they need.
Ofcourse, I am planning to
participate in GSoC myself.

Likewise, other devs in the community may take care of their campuses
and it won't be much pain to the
mentors then. Also it will become easier to spread the word.

Please let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Deepak