Re: Question on i8ln?

Hi Josh,

I cannot speak about the i18n specifics in OpenStack, but let me give you
an answer to the general question.
I added a slide to a presentation last week that uses the graph at
http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm  I recommend you check it out.

The title of the slide is "English is not the only language", infact for
the majoring of Internet users, English is not the first language. Yes, the
tech savvy people probably do understand English, but they do not use it by
default.  As a speaker in many different countries, I always see people use
native search engines (e.g. German, Espanol etc), it is because that is
what they know.  Many web sites (my own ronaldbradford.com) for example
does not rate well in foreign languages.

The same thought applies to the actual software that runs site and products
and is supported by those that do not use English as a first language.  Why
should a message be in English and not Spanish?

The ability for foreign language error messages enables more developers
from those countries to actively contribute without a requirement of a
language.

Regards

Ronald