Howto Nova setup with HA?

Hi Stackers,

It seems running Openstack components in High Availability hasn't been really a focus point lately, am I right?

The general docs don't really mention HA except for nova-network. So I did some resource on how to run Nova in a High Availability and have some questions about it:

The docs guides you on how to setup one cloud controller (running MySQL, nova-api, RabbitMQ etc.) and 2+n nodes for nova compute/network. But it does not mention how to make the cloud controller redundant. If the cloud controller brakes we have a serious problem!

So, we can run MySQL in master-master mode on multiple hosts, we can run nova-api on serveral hosts and load balance those and RabbitMQ has a cluster ha setup as well but is this the way to go? I can't find a clear answer to this. I am hoping one can shine some light on this!

Best regards,

Tristan van Bokkem
Datacenter Operations

Contact:
E-mail Personal: tristanvanbokkem@xxxxxxx
E-mail Support: info@xxxxxxx
E-mail NOC: noc@xxxxxxx
Website: http://www.i3d.net Office:
Interactive 3D B.V.
Meent 93b
3011 JG Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Visit www.smartdc.net – SmartDC is our in-house 36,000 sq. ft. datacenter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. High density hosting – multiple fiber carriers in-house – Level3 PoP.

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is a company registered in The Netherlands at Meent 93b, Rotterdam. Registration #: 14074337 - VAT # NL 8202.63.886.B01. Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is CDSA certified on content protection and security. We are ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing technology companies.

Follow ups