Re: python-swiftclient?

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 12:14 +0000, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> 2012/2/14 Juan J. <juan@>:
> >> https://github.com/chmouel/python-swiftclient
> > +1, we did that internally some time ago.
> > We're the swift structure (swift.commn.client) and added bufferedhttp.py
> > too to the swift-client package. What do you think about that?
>
> I think this is great but that would need to depend of the swiftclient
> package for swift (or duplicated code) and I don't know if the swift
> team would want that.

I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't install swift-client package
where Swift is already installed (I guess both packages should
conflict).

My point in my previous mail is that instead of a fork that can get out
of sync, looks like that's just a packaging problem. That's why I didn't
bother to release my swift-client package, because it's just a setup.py
for swift.common.client.

My 2 cents, I still think that it's a brilliant idea distribute a
swift-client package that it's independent of swift.

Regards,

Juan

--
Juan J. Martinez
Development, MEMSET

mail: juan@xxxxxxxxxx
 web: http://www.memset.com/

Memset Ltd., registration number 4504980. 25 Frederick Sanger Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YD, UK.