Re: Keystone: Redux (Dubstep Remix)

I agree fully with Jesse.  I think given the timelines the first cut of Keystone was great.  Moving forward we'll also have more folks that are burdened (honored?) with operating it in production environments which means that more rubber meets the road kinds of issues will be identified and dealt with quickly.

Keystone was originally pushed into core a bit too soon, but this was simply a byproduct of the fact that the need for it was very real.  All the groundwork done to unify the projects was a huge benefit to the community.  Before that point, most of the time when someone was working on "OpenStack", they were really just working on one individual component in an isolated environment.  Keystone forced the issue for the community and led to the creation of the fabulous DevStack project.  This integration made it far simpler to do integration testing, and projects like Tempest greatly benefited from it as well.

Devin