openstack team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Howto Nova setup with HA?
On 16/02/12 08:46, i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem wrote:
> Any more thoughts about this subject? Ask? Vish?
The team I work in has looked at a number of methods for high
availability within the Diablo release and I've included some notes
below, hope this helps.
Font-end API servers
* load balanced with h/w load balancer
* use s/w LB for smaller deployments
* run nova-scheduler on each
* multi-master configuration
* alternative: drbd + pacemaker in active/passive
* Pacemaker with Active-passive configuration
* Based on example from RabbitMQ site (already mentioned by someone else)
* Virtual IP for the service - used for rabbitmq config in nova.conf
* I think there are some corner cases where messages could be dropped
during failover and I believe later RabbitMQ versions support full
multi-master but require some client side changes - is there any plans
to support this?
* Current weakness in the HA setup, unless you are willing to use iscsi
tgtd with DRBD. I believe this would still have some problems when
failing over with the initiators that are logged in.
* I'm hoping this will pan out for essex with some of the storage
vendors committing nova-volume support via their API's.
* Run on multiple servers
* Use another VIP in your pacemaker setup or load-balancer
* Use swift as backend storage
* Each run their own copy of nova-api (only instances running on the
node use this)
* nova-network (multi-host configuration) with private network
* Run swift-proxy across all swift-storage nodes on a small setup