Re: Howto Nova setup with HA?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM, i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem
<tristanvanbokkem@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, this will help not only me!
> As I am still working on the MySQL part, you mentioned multi-master which I
> have running indeed, but I suppose there still will need to be some kind of
> entering point within the cluster. How did you managed this?

Virtual cluster IP addresses and highly available MySQL (either DRBD
or MySQL replication based). Pacemaker is very well capable of
managing this.

Of course, since you also quoted
http://openlife.cc/blogs/2011/july/ultimate-mysql-high-availability-solution
parts of which I wholeheartedly disagree with (as with all of Henrik's
Pacemaker bashing, but he's of course entitled to his own opinion),
then you might run away screaming from anything that barely mentions
Pacemaker in passing. But in reality[1], Pacemaker is an extremely
capable HA stack that would be well suited for this.

Cheers,
Florian

[1] To be polite, I should say "in my humble opinion," but my opinion
on this really isn't humble at all, so I prefer being honest over
being polite. :)

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now