Re: DeltaCloud

Justin, you touch on the area of semantics and use cases as supported by a standard API.

The goal of a unified cloud API is to enable multiple underlying providers (fecund market opportunity, yay!) in a manner that allows for consistent semantic execution while enabling innovation that expands the transferable capabilities in a way that expands the marketplace, especially in an OSS environment.

You also touch on deployment/image/provisioning issues which are being addressed in emergent non-openstack technology streams and wherefrom concepts need to be incorporated into the way we express semantics of deployment in the cloud.  Happy to discuss these further.

If anybody thinks an API exists outside of semantics of usage, their focus is almost certainly myopic in nature.

For those interested, I am happy to engage in further conversations on how APIs and usage models can be combined to enable openstack to be as encompassing as possible.

As a consumer, I need competition in terms or providers and reasonable coverage in terms of usage semantics.

Jan