Re: Creating boot-from-volume capable image and volume

Hey Anthony,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Anthony Young
<sleepsonthefloor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Tomoe,
>

>> Great idea! Both of those sound good to me. Would you like to implement
>> this?:)
>

> Lol, perhaps, but at the very least this warrants a blueprint:
>  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-create-bootable-volume

Thanks for putting this in! We can keep track of it as a backlog at least.

>> Also what do you think about the issue on required imageRef? Do you still
>> think it's a bug?
>

> Well, it is definitely weird, but from the looks of things imageRef seems to
> be used when booting:  the kernel and ramdisk from the specified image get
> baked into the libvirt.xml.  This was somewhat unexpected for me, as I was
> expecting the volume to be treated as a whole disk image.

Yes, it was weird to me. But I think the question is, apart from
implementation, if imageRef should or should not be required for
booting from volume. If it's a optional, we should file a bug.

I'm pretty new to the community and just wondering if you could tell
me how openstack API is maintained. Are there people responsible for
that API spec?

Thanks,
Tomoe