Re: Basic networking/configuration woes

Thanks for chipping in.

I have contributed a patch (which has merged) which should allow you
to stop editing the SQL:  https://review.openstack.org/#change,3816
With that, you should be able to pass the full range, with an
additional argument specifying the subset that nova controls:
e.g.-fixed_cidr=10.200.0.0/16

When I boot my VM, I think it gets a real address from my DHCP server
(because the VM can reach the DHCP server), but not the address nova
assigned it!  I believe the nova iptables rules mean that the machine
can't then do TCP/IP, but even if I am wrong/could overcome that, I
don't think cloud-init could then configure the correct address.

Justin