Keystone update

Good morning!

For those that don't know me, I'm Joe Heck - and I'm running (along with Andy (termie)) for Keystone PTL. Regardless of what you vote there, I want to get your attention for the state of Keystone today.

In the keystone meeting today (http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2012/openstack-meeting.2012-02-28-18.02.html), we agreed that Essex4 is locked down in terms of features, and we are now focusing on stabilization, bug fixing, and documentation for the full-on Essex release.  There are still fairly large code elements outstanding, but the API should be considered locked down at this point and we're are focusing hard on consistent integration and beefing up the backends to the existing services.

Going Forward...

We are also starting to get set up for discussions about what to do in Folsom - to that end, we're going to reset all the blueprints here pretty shortly. Since the baseline of keystone, we've entered everything as bugs (it was easier to tag and discuss in "bugs") - but many of those items really need to be blueprints. I'm sure there's a lot of good ideas out there related to what we should be doing with keystone, so here's the plan to sort it out:

As of today, I erased "assigned" from all of the blueprints in keystone. If you want to advocate for one of the blueprints that is listed in the current set, assign the blueprint to yourself. Or, register a new blueprint and assign it to yourself. Guang Yee and Jesse Andrews have a couple blueprints assigned to them right now, since I did the clearing work.

READ THIS IF NOTHING ELSE:

	At the end of the day (in US/Pacific) wednesday (Feb 29th), I'm going delete/negate/remove/flamethrower any blueprints that don't have a person assigned to it.
		https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone

By assigning a blueprint to yourself, you are asserting that you will advocate for, defend, and explain the use cases behind the blueprint as well as help talk through potential technical solutions. you *do not* need to know how to solve the issues to suggest a blueprint. If you are unable to work the launchpad interface and want to keep a blueprint around, contact me directly and I can assign the blueprint to you.

Along with the blueprints, we are also tacking in use cases for Keystone that we're aware of at http://wiki.openstack.org/KeystoneUseCases. Anyone can edit this page when you log in with Launchpad credentials. We're looking for the real-world issues and problems that folks are seeing or want to address with Keystone. Please edit and add to this page.

We will start discussing blueprints in upcoming keystone meetings - schedule for which will be updated at http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/KeystoneMeeting.

If you have any questions, send me a note or ping me on IRC, and I'll do my best to answer it or get you to where we can answer it.

-joe