Re: OpenStack PPA team

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> To have a rough idea of what we plan to do, you can have a look at the
> bugs at [3]. In particular, we plan to deprecate the "release PPAs"
> since they carry a false expectation of being maintained with stable
> branch updates and be production-ready. We also plan to regroup the PPAs
> (avoid having separate PPAs per project) to avoid duplication of effort
> and stale PPAs.

Some progress here:

As a first step, as of E4 we completed the creation of the new common
PPAs under ~openstack-ppa. You can see pointers to the new PPA structure at:

http://wiki.openstack.org/PPAs

Next steps are to add keystone and horizon to those common PPAs.

We'll proceed with deprecating the old ppa:PROJECT-core/* PPAs as well
as the ppa:openstack-release/* PPAs soon.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack