openstack team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Enabling remote participation at Folsom Design Summit
since the next design summit is sold out and many people are still
interested in participating, I believe we should really make remote
Imitating Ubuntu Developer Summit, I think the ideal situation is to
have in each room:
- 1 omnidirectional microphone to capture discussions and questions
- 1 streaming client hooked to a public icecast streaming server
- 1 IRC channel per room
- 1 projector showing the content of the IRC channel
- 1 projector available for collaborative note taking via etherpad
And for plenary session:
- full audio/video service
- IRC channel, not shown but monitored in case there are interesting
We'll also need dedicated bandwidth from the Hyatt hotel, networking,
firewalling and the whole shabang. Anything else?
I will start investigating what Rackspace can provide but this is a big
task and I would like to make this a shared effort.
If you have experience with this, and want to help me get the equipment,
software, services needed to enable remote participation to the Design
Summit please email me.