Re: Invitation to work on Essex Deployments, Thursday 3/8

On 03/05/2012 06:27 PM, Rob_Hirschfeld@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Stackers,
>
> The Dell OpenStack team is coordinating a world-wide effort to work on Essex deployments this coming Thursday, 3/8.

Coincidentally Fedora is having an OpenStack test day
on the same date (tomorrow).

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-08_OpenStack_Test_Day

Detailed there are recipes to deploy the OpenStack Essex services
on Fedora 17 (alpha), and it's a good way to quickly learn about OpenStack.
Note the instructions can be followed at any time, but
there will be more people around tomorrow to help out.

Note you don't even need a physical machine to try things out.
You could for example boot this http://goo.gl/S1hPU 64 bit live image
in a VM, and click 'install to "hard disk"', and then follow the
instructions from there (clouds all the way down :))

Hopefully between both of these initiatives we get
lots of new people trying out OpenStack!

cheers,
Pádraig.