Re: Google Summer of Code-2012

On 03/06/2012 03:52 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Russell Bryant wrote:
>> On 03/05/2012 02:17 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>>> Okay, looks like the Mentoring organization application deadline is
>>> this Friday, March 9th.
>>>
>>> What needs to be done in time to make this important deadline and how
>>> can I help?
>>
>> We need some minimum number of mentors to volunteer to make the overhead
>> of participating in the program worthwhile.  That number is subjective
>> ... I'd say it would be nice to have at least 4 or 5 mentors volunteer.
>
> Yes, I think if we don't have at least 4 mentors and ~10 proposed ideas
> by Thursday morning, it's not worth rushing our application in.

6 mentors have signed up, so I think we should proceed.

Anne and I can work on the application.  The other thing that should be
done is updating the existing wiki page to be the ideas page for
interested students.  Feel free to add any information that you think
interested students should know about working with OpenStack.

--
Russell Bryant