Re: OpenStack Installation Woes - Need re-assurance and help.

On 03/13/2012 09:00 AM, Kevin Jackson wrote:
Thanks a lot for the points Andi (and the links), but not to stray away
from my original post: I don't want complexity at this stage - I want a
single server that works.  I haven't even got that.
I had a multi node set up working (to some degree of butchery) of an
early Essex-1 release using Orchestra, PXE booting and doing appropriate
post-configuration, if a little bit of a hack.  We're a modest size
digital hosting environment - introducing alternative PXE booting and
config management systems ontop of something that is already causing us
pain isn't something we're looking at right now.  Given a fairly slick
PXE boot environment already across multiple datacentres of the rest of
our kit means we can move to using this for OpenStack.  That's an aside
- I mentioned prod, but not confuse a way of rolling this out in our
datacentres.

The issues stem from a basic install.  I'd love to chat about bare-metal
provisioning issues as it means I've got OpenStack running.  I haven't.
  Yet.
I've raised a bug just now
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/953989) which might shed light
on my issues as it's possible its not a bug, but process/config issue.
  This would be great to hear as it means there's an easy fix.
Given that keystone underpins the rest of the environment means that my
frustrations could be solved.

Sorry to hear about your install troubles, Kevin! I've added a reply to that bug report above that should get you in better shape.

-jay