Re: Question about quantum

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Vijay <vijayrg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I see that quantum has come a long way since its diablo version. I was
> wondering if quantum-essex  works with nova/openstack essex version only or
> is quantum-essex indepedent of nova/openstack versions/evolution.

Hi Vijay,

I'd strongly suggest only using quantum-essex with nova-essex.  Quantum
added a lot of nova integration features in Essex, and unless you're quite
familiar with the Quantum and QuantumManager (in Nova) code and know
exactly when the features that you require were introduced, you can get in
trouble.  Also, I don't know of any effort to backport Quantum-related
bug-fixes from essex to diablo versions, which is another reason to stick
with the current essex releases.

Dan