Re: Scalability issue in nova-dhcpbridge

I believe it is safe to ignore the old leases.  If nova-network has been down for a while it could potentially be nice to refresh all of the leases that it knows about, but I don't think it will harm anything if you remove it.

Are you running flatdhcp with a single network host on a large install?  I would think that multi_host would be a better choice in that case.

There is also a potentially nasty performance issue in linux_net where it creates all of the leases.  It is a very expensive operation and needs to be reoptimized after the foreign keys were removed from the network tables. Currently it is doing 2 database for every active instance in the db.

Vish