Load balancing and Atlas-LB

Hi,

Where can i find any informations about load balancing in OpenStack? How is
it implemented and where? On wiki I've found something about Atlas-LB. Is
this project finished? Or still in progress? There is no roadmap for it so
it's really hard to find out the progress.

I'm plannig to write master thesis about load balancing algorithms and i'd
like to implement some of them inside OpenStack or as external driver
(according to Atlas-LB presentation), but right now i don't know how to
write one connected to Atlas-LB or even is Atlas-LB still active? Are there
any load balancing algorithms insied OpenStack? Where can i start if i'd
like to do research about load balancing and exact algorithms in OpenStack?

--
*Semy*

Follow ups