Re: Essex keystone with remote glance endpoint

On Mar 19, 2012, at 1:07 PM, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:

> # glance  -I adminUser -K ... -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0' index
> Failed to show index. Got error:
> Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.
>
> I think that means that the glance client can't find a suitable glance endpoint in the response from Keystone.  Relevant code is in get_endpoint around line 200 of glance/common/auth.py
>
> So, I don't think you're ever hitting the glance server.

I think you're correct. I've tried many different endpoints, but nothing seems to work.

> Keystone appears to be working, or at least passing basic tests:
> keystone # curl -d '{"auth": {"tenantName": "service", "passwordCredentials":{"username": "glance", "password": "glance"}}}' -H "Content-type: application/json"http://192.168.131.141:35357/v2.0/tokens | python -mjson.tool
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/11078/
>
> The response (in the paste) looks good to me.  If you're passing in a region ("OS_REGION_NAME or via the '-R/--region' command line") then maybe this is wrong?
>
> If not, you could try this curl with the same credentials as you're using with the glance CLI tool, to verify that the glance endpoint is being returned correctly here also.

Glance CLI with the glance credentials:
glance # glance  -I glance -K glance -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
Failed to show index. Got error:
Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.

curl with glance credentials: http://paste.openstack.org/show/11078/

Glance CLI with admin credentials:
glance # glance -I adminUser -K ... -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
Failed to show index. Got error:
Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.

curl with admin user: http://paste.openstack.org/show/11103/

Thanks,
Jason