Keystone's Swift Integration

I'd like to write unit tests for keystone.middleware.swift_auth in advance of some functional changes (adding support for unauthenticated container sync and referrer access).  It appears that swift_auth lacks unit tests, though.  Is this due to its dependency on swift, or is there another reason?

Given that untested code is difficult to maintain, what would the best option be to add tests for swift_auth?  Ideally the module would just move to the swift repo, but if for some reason that's not an option, I'm prepared to use stubs.

Thanks,

Maru

Follow ups