Re: Cleaning nova database

Thanks, Jay. I agree with your comments about Essex. The problem is that I have cleaned up after a number of operational problems in a cluster that has been up for 3 months. It is hard to reproduce these problems when the mean time to failure is so long, and real investigation can be dangerous when there are real users. One thing I have done in past projects is to have an email address where people are encouraged to report 'incidents' like this. Investigation and creation of a proper bug report can be dangerous and/or a lot of work but we could encourage operators of real systems to just email these problems even if they don't have time to investigate. That could help find problems that are appearing in the field but don't get picked up in unit tests and such. I will file a bug about the bad state.

 -David