Re: [OpenStack Foundation] Orchestration with Openstack

On 03/26/2012 03:58 AM, Andiabes wrote:
> (switching to the openstack list, the foundation list is meant for the organization of the openstack foundation)
>
> There are some efforts around using Chef from opscode, and tools built around it to do what I think you describe - look in the mailing list archive ( which is also a good way to identify the right list to use)
>
> On Mar 26, 2012, at 4:26 AM, Rahul Bhardwaj <bhardwaj.rahul20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I am new to this list so not sure about the relevance of question, forum or discusstion topic. I apologize if there is mismatch anywhere above.
>> I was wondering about the possible ways of getting VM provisioning activity defined as a workflow and than managing it using the orchestrator. I have tried mCollective and celery but none worked. I was thinking, will Puppet+mCollective do the trick or maybe one of the opensource tools such as orchestra or archipel can be used to automate the workflow.
>> Looking for some suggestions.
>> -Rahul
>> ____

Rahul,

A couple of folks are on implementing AWS CloudFormations.  This system
takes a template and turns it into a running set of VMs.  It may not
meet your requirement of "working" since we just started development a
few weeks ago.  If you want to have a look:

https://github.com/heat-api

Note our diagrams are a bit out of date - might check my github account
for those.

Regards
-steve