Re: "Admin"-ness in Keystone, Nova, et. al.

Agreed :) I was just pointing out a quick solution since folks in the bug report have been talking about what can be done in the Essex timeframe...

-jay

On 03/30/2012 03:59 PM, Yee, Guang wrote:
I think the fat Keystone implemented this naming hack. But why place a constraint on the names (i.e. may not be i18n friend) where we can do it right at once?

Guang

-----Original Message-----
From: openstack-bounces+guang.yee=hp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+guang.yee=hp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jay Pipes
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 11:33 AM
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] "Admin"-ness in Keystone, Nova, et. al.

FWIW, it is possible in Glance to set the configuration option
admin_role value to something other than "admin" -- for instance
"glance:admin" -- to use a different role than "admin" to indicate a
role that should only be able to admin Glance and not other endpoints.

https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/etc/glance-api.conf#L33

Perhaps an immediate "solution" to this bug/feature request would be to
add similar functionality to Keystone, Nova and Quantum?

Best,
-jay