Re: question about keystone and dashboard on RHEL6

On 04/02/2012 08:44 PM, Xin Zhao wrote:
> On 4/2/2012 6:35 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> On 04/02/2012 03:09 PM, Xin Zhao wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am new to OpenStack and trying to install the diablo release on a
>>> RHEL6 cluster. I follow instructions here:
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_Nova
>>>
>>> The instruction doesn't mention how to install and configure Keystone
>>> and dashboard services, I wonder:
>>>
>>> 1) are these two services available for RHEL6, in diablo release?
>>> 2) do I need to go to the latest Essex release, and where the
>>> instructions is?
>> The dashboard, horizon, is not included with the Diablo packages that
>> you find in EPEL6 right now.  When we update EPEL6 to Essex, which
>> should be within the next few weeks, horizon will be included as well.
>>

> How about keystone, the instructions here
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_Nova) doesn't
> mention how to install and configure keystone, although it tells how to
> clean up keystone, which makes me think there is something
> missing in the earlier sections of this instruction.

Keystone is there.  It has already been updated to one of the Essex RCs,
acutally.  As EPEL6 gets updated to Essex, these instructions will
become the ones you want to follow, and they include Keystone:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_on_Fedora_17

--
Russell Bryant