Re: OpenStack immaturity

Hmmmm.  While ease of deployment is definitely "an area of future strength" for OS, the gap is closing rapidly and the reality for the enterprise is that initial, comparable (apples to apples) VMWare  installations all come with an initial professional services engagement anyway.

Having just done a bake-off twixt the latest OS builds and VMWare for creating an enterprise private IaaS cloud, my strategic money's on OpenStack and the community is starting to make significant in-roads on the tactical value as well.

Lots of "areas of future strength" but the promise remains immense and the feasibility for the enterprise continues to grow.

Keep up the good work.  Keep Calm, Carry On, and all that.

Jan

PS: Anybody got an extra ticket to the design summit?