Re: Who wrote Essex?

Amazing work everyone!  And thanks for pulling these stats, Mark.

We published a list of every code contributor on openstack.org/essex as a small THANK YOU for all of the hard work. This is a release to be proud of, y'all.

It would also be my honor to buy each and every one of you a drink of your choice in San Francisco. Grab me and we can head over to the nearest bar anytime.

Mark McLoughlin <markmc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

I've played around with Jonathan Corbet's gitdm[1] which is used to
publish the "Who Wrote Linux" articles on LWN for each kernel release.

It's really quite fun to apply it to OpenStack and see what comes out,
like who the top 20 contributors are across Nova, Glance, Swift,
Keystone, Horizon and Quantum:

  Processed 3481 csets from 217 developers
  100 employers found
  A total of 421695 lines added, 256904 removed (delta 164791)

  Developers with the most changesets
  termie                     238 (6.8%)
  Gabriel Hurley             207 (5.9%)
  Brian Waldon               195 (5.6%)
  Johannes Erdfelt           146 (4.2%)
  Vishvananda Ishaya         116 (3.3%)
  Dolph Mathews               98 (2.8%)
  Dan Prince                  84 (2.4%)
  Ziad Sawalha                80 (2.3%)
  Jason Kölker               77 (2.2%)
  Mark McLoughlin             73 (2.1%)
  Jake Dahn                   73 (2.1%)
  Rick Harris                 71 (2.0%)
  Alex Meade                  70 (2.0%)
  Trey Morris                 62 (1.8%)
  Joe Heck                    58 (1.7%)
  Chris Behrens               52 (1.5%)
  Russell Bryant              50 (1.4%)
  Eoghan Glynn                50 (1.4%)
  Joe Gordon                  47 (1.4%)
  Jesse Andrews               46 (1.3%)
  Covers 54.380925% of changesets

w00t! Congrats and thanks to those for all their hard work on Essex!

I've pushed my gitdm fork here:

  https://github.com/markmc/openstack-gitdm

and the first attempt Essex statistics here:

  https://github.com/markmc/openstack-gitdm/tree/results/essex

Note that it also includes launchpad and gerrit stats. It's all a bit
unpolished, but interesting nonetheless. Feel free to fork and improve
it!

I'm looking forward to discussing this stuff more at Stefano's Design
Summit "community metrics" session.

Cheers,
Mark.

[1] - http://lwn.net/Articles/290957/