Re: Jcloud and openstack relation

On 04/08/2012 07:21 PM, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:
> There is also a (friendly rival) OpenStack Java binding being developed:
> https://github.com/platformlayer/openstack-java
> https://github.com/woorea/openstack-java-sdk/

Friendly rivalries are the best!

> That library supports a direct-to-OpenStack Jenkins plugin which I
> confidently predict will rapidly surpass any lowest-common-denominator
> attempts (*):
> https://github.com/platformlayer/openstack-jenkins
>
> (*: This opinion may be biased)
>
> If you do evaluate JClouds against the OpenStack Java bindings (or the
> Jenkins plugin), please let me know of any areas where the OpenStack
> bindings aren't better, and I will make sure to improve that area.

I'd say the same applies in the reverse, too. If we cross-file bugs
against each project, both should eventually rule the world.

> Monty: We should port the OpenStack CI team's work to the OpenStack
> Jenkins plugin at the summit!

Justin - I definitely want to sit down with you and Adrian Cole at the
summit... the more we chat about usecases and whatnot the better
everyone winds up being, I think. One of the things we're trying to do
is provide a happy migration path for folks - but you know - face to
face about this stuff often winds up being super-big win.

Yay for Open Source!

Monty