From:  "Anthony Young"<sleepsonthefloor@xxxxxxxxx>;
Date:  Mon, Apr 9, 2012 02:23 PM
To:  ".。o 0 O泡泡"<501640144@xxxxxx>;
Cc:  "openstack"<openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject:  Re: [Openstack] What is the correct config for vnc or novnctosuccessfully enable VNC CONSOLE in a browser?

See below:

but I get some thing strange for:
if I set
--vnc_enabled=true

--novncproxy_base_url=http://localhost:6080/vnc_auto.html
 --vncserver_proxyclient_address=localhost

--vncserver_listen=0.0.0.0
in nova.conf that it return

 Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost:6080
in dashboard,but work fine when I use command nova get-vnc-console demo novnc  ..It return a url as http://localhost:6080/vnc_auto.html?token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX..
 then I enter this url in chrome with http://172.18.187.110:6080/vnc_auto.html?token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 ps:172.18.187.110 is the public ip of my openstack server..
It can return my VM's screen ..

however,when I set
 --vnc_enabled=true

--novncproxy_base_url=http://172.18.187.110:6080/vnc_auto.html
 --vncserver_proxyclient_address=172.18.187.110

--vncserver_listen=0.0.0.0

and restart all the services ..
 both dashboard and url from command nova get-vnc-console demo novnc returns server connot connect

I am wondering how would localhost and 172.18.187.110 be not the same???

If you launched this instance before you specified --vncserver_listen, then the instance's vnc server will bind 127.0.0.1.  Furthermore, this configuration will be baked into the instances libvirt.xml file, so changes to --vncserver_listen in your nova.conf will not have any effect for already existing instances.

Did you happen to launch this instance before you set --vncserver_listen to 0.0.0.0?  If so, you may try to launch another instance and see if vnc is working properly.

Just for the record, --vncserver_listen is generally set to the hosts management ip, rather than the public ip or 0.0.0.0, for security reasons.

thanks

dming