Re: Installation of Essex from tar files

On 04/09/2012 10:23 PM, Vijay wrote:
> Hello,
> I am installing openstack from latest Essex released tar files.
> Installing from tar files does not seem to install all the dependencies.
> What is the best way(or configuration) to install from tar files. I do
> not want to install from github as it is continuously getting changed.
> Or is there a url that hosts these released essex versions that I can
> source from?
> Thanks,
> -Vijay

For the python dependency, i guess you can install them "easily" with pip:

apt-get install python-dev python-pip

cd sourcedir
pip install -r tools/pip-requires
pip install -r tools/test-requires
python setup.py install

You may need to install some other stuff (gcc, libwhatever) for the pip
install to work though.

I am not sure if this is the best method, it just happen to be the only
one i can think about, so i am also interested to know if there s a more
convenient way !