Re: Laptop Demo Environment

On 04/10/2012 01:38 PM, Lance Haig wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am starting to build a laptop demo environment to be able to showcase
> OS to customers without having to get access to the outside world from
> their meeting rooms.
>
> My intention is to use kvm on my laptop and then build the environment
> from scratch.
>
> My last interaction with OS was during my course at Rackspace in Feb.
>
> Has anyone done something similar to this and is willing to share a config?
>
> Is Ubuntu still the preferred distribution for running OS on?
>
> Thanks

Hi there !

I had such a thing working for diablo, with the following vms:

    1 Orchestra server used to deploy other vms.
    1 cloud controller node running nova-api, nova-scheduler,
nova-objectstore, nova-volume , and IScsi tgt.
    1 Db & messaging node running RabbitMQ, MySql, Glance.
    1 compute node running nova-compute, nova-api and nova-network.
    1 compute node running nova-compute and nova-api.
    1 swift node running swift-proxy and swift-storage.

nova-compute was using qemu (i try lxc first, but it was not successfull).

It was kind of slow but it of worked.

I am trying to do the same thing with essex, but i must admit i am lost
trying to have kesytone/glance/swift working together.

I can share any kvm tips and tricks, config file for diablo, but have
nothing actually working for essex now.