Re: Laptop Demo Environment

On 10/04/12 12:54, Pierre Amadio wrote:
On 04/10/2012 01:38 PM, Lance Haig wrote:
Hi All,

I am starting to build a laptop demo environment to be able to showcase
OS to customers without having to get access to the outside world from
their meeting rooms.

My intention is to use kvm on my laptop and then build the environment
from scratch.

My last interaction with OS was during my course at Rackspace in Feb.

Has anyone done something similar to this and is willing to share a config?

Is Ubuntu still the preferred distribution for running OS on?

Thanks
Hi there !

I had such a thing working for diablo, with the following vms:

     1 Orchestra server used to deploy other vms.
     1 cloud controller node running nova-api, nova-scheduler,
nova-objectstore, nova-volume , and IScsi tgt.
     1 Db&  messaging node running RabbitMQ, MySql, Glance.
     1 compute node running nova-compute, nova-api and nova-network.
     1 compute node running nova-compute and nova-api.
     1 swift node running swift-proxy and swift-storage.

nova-compute was using qemu (i try lxc first, but it was not successfull).

It was kind of slow but it of worked.

I am trying to do the same thing with essex, but i must admit i am lost
trying to have kesytone/glance/swift working together.

I can share any kvm tips and tricks, config file for diablo, but have
nothing actually working for essex now.

This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://mx1.betterhosted.com/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=4A0479F151.A73F2

Dude thanks for the heads up.

Are you using Ubuntu ? if so what version? 10.04?

what networking config have you used?

Regards

Lance

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com