Re: Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

I maintain my stance from pre-Diablo, that the configuration drive should be exported as a virtual cdrom device with an ISO9660 filesystem. We can generate the filesystem without root access and the filesystem is well-supported.  Additionally, it lacks the patent-related issues associated with the other many-platform filesystems (i.e. FAT).

Also, doing the above happens to make the configuration-drive surprisingly similar to the optional sub-feature of OVF. I'm not sure what priority OVF is for Nova (it is a low priority for me), but it might be worth considering, especially since Glance seems to advertise some OVF support.

--
Eric Windisch