Re: Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

On 04/10/2012 12:36 PM, Andrew Bogott wrote:
> What I crave is a communication channel between nova and running
> instances.  There was discussion at some point about extending the
> metadata api to have this ability.
>
> Having a solid config drive standard seems like a good idea, but it
> won't get me run-time interaction, will it?
>
> -Andrew

+1

Having the ability to read config data from a runtime changeable
metadata server (rather then a config file on an injected disk) serves a
use case I am interested in.  The only problem is horizontal scalability
of the metadata server in this model which may not be a problem with
some tinkering.

Regards
-steve